Sunday 13 May 2012

Mariposa Mini Album

Hi All

Here are some photos of a mini album that I made following a tutorial on youtube.  I followed xannero1's graphic 45 tutorial just used different paper.  It's not exactly the same and I put my own stamp on it but  have leaned some new techniques that I can take onto future albums.  I also learned some short cuts for envelopes and tags and nice neat foldouts with pockets.  You should go check her out and have a look she is amazing.


Here is the first page and it opens out to reveal pockets and tags and a flip up.


Here is my favourite page assembly.  There's a pocket all around the page and the top flips up but the flip up has 2 flip out pages - it's fantastic, and not too complicated.  I made my own teeny paper bag and a small-ish envelope and a fold out like a purse.  The papers are fantastic and so sturdy.


This is a busy page with pull out tags and pockets and plenty of room for photographs and journal spots.  Using the black card went well but whoever gets this album might want to invest in a white gel pen to journal on the black card.


This is the back cover.  I made a 3 ring binder cover from chipboard and covered it with the patterned paper.  The 3 rings were better than if I had used 2.  It looks to be holding it's own with the eyelets and I really hope that it all stays together.  People have been looking through it and it's not torn yet.

I have just finished my teeny minis for a swap at Mini Album Scraps.  It will be my first swap with this ning site so I have my fingers crossed that it will go smoothly.  They don't have to be sent until June but I am getting them sent off early next week so I know they have got there in time.

I have joined a think and chunky 6x6 mini album on My Scrap room and  will be starting that this week.  I also need to buy a children's book to alter somehow.  I will get out tomorrow and have a look see what I can find.  Fingers crossed I can find something interesting to alter.

I had better stop typing now.  Love to Al
Big Hugz
Vikki
x-x-x

2 comments:

  1. I so love this need to.know where you learned the pockets
    hugz Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look on youtube at a lady called xannero1 she has a tutorial on her Graphic 45 Curiosity Shoppe album. Hope that this helps.
    Big Hugz
    Vikki
    x-x-x

    ReplyDelete